Welcome to the Ken Cuccinelli for Governor Campaign
Resources for Moms page.
This page is designed to be a resource to mothers who may seek to learn more about how Ken has worked to make Virginia a better place for their children.
“For the first time in our nation’s history we cannot say that our children will have the opportunity to do better than we did. A mounting national debt threatens to drown our economy in uncertainty. Un-elected bureaucrats in Washington are unbridled in their attempts to insert themselves into our economy and our daily lives.
The education we are giving many of our children does not adequately prepare them for the global economy, and far too many of our fellow citizens sit quietly by and passively watch the world crumble around them because they believe they do not have a voice in our republic.”
- Ken Cuccinelli, Conservative Political Action Conference, March 14th, 2013
Ken and his wife Teiro have been married for over 20 years. They married in 1991, after Ken graduated from the Engineering School at The University of Virginia and Teiro graduated from James Madison University with a Business Degree. After over 20 years of marriage, they have been blessed with five daughters and two sons.
Ken and Teiro are active members of Holy Trinity Catholic Church in Gainesville.
Ken’s Stance on Education
A quality education is the surest way to bring opportunity to every Virginian and Ken believes it is unacceptable for any child to receive a meager education because of where they live. No child should be forced to remain in a failing school – it condemns that child to mediocrity or worse. We need to give parents the flexibility and the tools they need to make the best educational choices for their children. We must work to keep a college education affordable for the middle class while also strengthening our workforce development programs for those who have other aspirations or are in economic transition.
Ken’s Work to Improve Virginia as a Father, Husband and Attorney General
- FIGHTING HUNGER IN VIRGINIA - As Attorney General, Ken has chaired (four times) the “Legal Food Frenzy,” a two-week statewide food drive in which Ken has worked with Virginia’s food banks to recruit as many lawyers and law firms as possible to contribute money, food and volunteer time to the food banks around Virginia.Those efforts have brought in more than 4 million pounds of food to feed Virginia’s hungry – not counting this year’s Food Frenzy, which is still being tallied. This type of effort is not new for Ken. Way back in high school, Ken ran twice in Gonzaga High School’s annual “Run for Food.” He ran 10 and then 18 miles to raise money to feed the poor.
- FIGHTING GANG VIOLENCE – He continues fighting gangs in Virginia— the Crips, MS-13, Bloods, South Side Locos, and more — prosecuting gang members and putting them behind bars. In the first seven months of 2012 alone, 17 defendants received more than 359 total years of incarceration.
- DETERRING YOUTH FROM GANG ACTIVITY – He received a national award from the National Gang Crime Research Center for producing one of the most effective anti-gang videos for kids in the country (“for superior service in public education and gang prevention”). While he aggressively prosecutes violent gang members, he is also leading campaigns to reduce gang recruitment of young people.
- FIGHTING CHILD PORNOGRAPHY – He has focused on prosecuting child predators for child porn, getting more convictions over last two years than any previous two-year period in the office’s history. The office is averaging 2-3 convictions a month. He has also created a Computer Forensics Unit of existing staff and offered its expertise to local police and sheriffs to help them conduct computer forensic investigations in these cases, which has dramatically increased the efficiency of local investigations.
- STRENGTHENING LAWS AGAINST SEX OFFENDERS - He worked with Immigration Control and Enforcement (ICE) to remove illegal alien sex offenders from Virginia and put them in line for federal deportation.
- COMBATING DRUG ABUSE - Partnering with the U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration, he led the Virginia prescription Drug Take-Back project and collected nearly 26,500 pounds of unused prescription drugs statewide, keeping them out of Virginia waterways and out of the hands of drug abusers.
Helpful Resources for Moms:
- Ken Cuccinelli’s Biography
- “Ten Things You Don’t Know About Ken”
- Ken’s Achievements as Attorney General
- Why Ken’s Running for Governor
- Join Women for Ken Coalition
For specific inquiries, please fill out the form below.